- Celebrate Osher's 40th Anniversary on April 30, 2014! To register & for parking information please visit CLICK HERE.
- Upcoming Quarter Schedule:
- Spring 2014: April 7 - June 13
- Summer 2014: July 7 - August 28
- Fall 2014: September 29 - December 5
La Jolla Campus
Osher Institute is located near the coast on the UC San Diego Campus in beautiful La Jolla, California.
9600 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
La Jolla, CA 92037
Phone: (858) 534-3409
Osher Video Library
Osher at UC San Diego has developed an online video library of our lectures. Below are some examples of the phenomenal curriculum we offer year-round. All current Osher members have access to our restricted video library, containing all of our recorded lectures, which can be found here. If you are unable to attend Osher classes in person, but would like access to our video library, please consider signing up for our brand new AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP: $25 per year for full access to every lecture in our online video library. CLICK HERE or call 858-534-3400 to sign up today!
- Why Statebuilding Fails - Featuring David Lake, Professor, UC San Diego
- What are the Particular Challenges Facing Mayor? - Featuring Jerry Sanders, former Mayor of San Diego
- The United States Economy and Growth - Featuring Lawrence Krauss, Emeritus Professor, UC San Diego
- Can We Really Understand the Brain? - Featuring Ralph Greenspan, Director, Center for Brain Activity Mapping
Osher Lecture Notes
- Shifting the Paradigm for Disease Detection - William Wachsman, M.D./Ph.D., UCSD (New!)
- What You Should Know About Global Climate Change - Professor Alan Sweedler, San Diego State University (New!)
- Woodrow Wilson: Progressive Academic Who Would Be President - Fred Hershenson (New!)
- Hiring an In-Home Care Company - Teresa Shanahan, Ph.D., CMC (New!)
- ElderCare Options and Solutions - Teresa Shanahan, Ph.D., CMC (New!)
- Island Chains and Sea Control: China's Maritime Strategy - B.D. Cole, Ph.D
- What Does It Mean to Fight a "War" Against al Qaeda? - Professor David Glazier, Loyola Law School
- Modern Cosmology (useful links) - Professor Brian Keating, UCSD
- A History of Photography - Arthur Ollman
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Robert I. Fox, M.D., Ph.D.
- The United States Economy - Lawrence B. Krause, Emeritus Professor, UCSD
- Autism research Over Thirty Years - Eric Courchesne, Autism Center of Excellence, UCSD
- The Neurobiology of Alzheimer Disease - William C. Mobley, M.D., Ph.D, UCSD
Registration for Spring Quarter Master Classes will begin on March 26th at 8:30am. At that time you can register online by clicking on the links below and clicking "Add to Cart" OR by calling Extension Student Services at 858-534-3400.
Registration is first-come, first-served and is limited due to the capacity of our classrooms. Standby attendance will be permitted on a first-come first-served basis on the day of each class. As a standby attendee you will be required to pay a $3 fee the day of the class, cash only.
- Master Class I: Jazz in the French World (SECTION ID #101100)
- Master Class II: African Literature: From Oral to Written, Canonical to Subversive (SECTION ID #101336)