- Register today for the Osher year and Spring Quarter! The membership fee is only $185 for the entire remainder of the academic year, running from April-August 2017. Join for just the Spring quarter for $160. As a member, you will have unlimited access to all classes offered at Osher for the duration of your membership. Only the Master Classes require separate registration and a $10 fee - everything else is included in your membership. Join today to experience enrichment through lifelong learning at UCSD Osher.
- Upcoming Quarter Schedule:
- Winter 2017: January 9 - March 17
- Spring 2017: April 3 - June 9
- Summer 2017: July 5-August 24
Osher Member Testimonial
Osher Video Library
Osher at UC San Diego has developed an online video library that contains recordings of the lectures hosted here each quarter. See below for some examples of the phenomenal curriculum we offer year round. All current Osher members have access to our restricted video library, which contains all of our recorded lectures.
Join Osher as an AFFILIATE MEMBER to receive access to our extensive online video library of lectures. If you are unable to attend classes on campus at UC San Diego, this is a convenient option that allows you to particpate in the program and tocontinue to be enriched through lifelong learning.
The fee to join as an Affiliate Member is just $25 per year.
TO REGISTER: CLICK HERE or call 858-534-3400 to sign up today!
See this brochure for more information: Affiliate Membership at Osher
A Sample of Videos Available in the Online Library:
- Empirical Studies of Conflict: Implications for ISIS and Syria - Featuring Professor Eli Berman
- Murder and Mayhem in and from the Middle East - Featuring Professor Emeritus Sandford Lakoff
- America, Europe, NATO...and Russia - Featuring Vice Admiral Charles W. Martolglio, US Navy (ret)
- A Conversation with Frederica von Stade - Featuring San Diego Opera General Director David Bennett and beloved opera legend Frederica "Flicka" von Stade
- A Fragile Peace, Prosperity, Preferences and Vladimir Putin - Featuring Professor Erik Gartzke
- Will Barnet: Tracing the Soul of the Work (Q&A Session) - Featuring Dale Schierholt
- Will Barnet: Tracing the Soul of the Work (documentary) - Featuring Dale Schierholt
- Do We Want China to be More Like Us? - Featuring Professor Karl Gerth, UC San Diego
- The Challenges Facing the Middle East and North Africa - Featuring Professor Hisham Foad
- Mexico 20 Years after NAFTA: Drugs and Violence - Can Recent Progress Be Sustained? - Featuring Professor David Mares & Melissa Floca, Associate Director of the Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies, UC San Diego
- Why Statebuilding Fails - Featuring David Lake, Professor, UC San Diego
- Can We Really Understand the Brain? - Featuring Ralph Greenspan, Director, Center for Brain Activity Mapping
Master class registration for the spring quarter will open on Wednesday, March 22 at 10am. Registration is first-come, first-served and limited to 165 spots per class. Standby attendance will be permitted on a first-come first-served basis on the day of each class. As a standby or guest attendee you can purchase a standby attendance ticket for $10 per series for the entire quarter or pay $5 fee per class the day of the class, cash only.
- Master Class I: Vincent van Gogh and Paul Cezanne featuring Linda Blair, MA
(SECTION ID #123301)
- Master Class II: The Byzantine and Ottomon Empires featuring Professor Matthew Herbst
(SECTION ID #123303)
- Osher Observer Spring 2017
- Osher Observer Winter 2017
- Osher Observer Fall 2016
- Osher Observer Summer 2016
- Osher Observer Spring 2016
Give the Gift of Learning
Support the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC San Diego. Gifts of any size can ensure the longevity and sustainability of our excellent program.