- JOIN US for our Winter Open House on Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 9:30am. Learn about our winter quarter curriculum and the benefits of membership. The program will begin at 10am and parking is free for this event. CLICK HERE to RSVP today!
- Upcoming Quarter Schedule:
- Fall 2015: September 28 - December 4
- Winter 2016: January 11 - March 18
- Spring 2016: April 4 - June 10
- Summer 2016: July 5 - August 25
Osher Member Testimonial
Osher Video Library
Osher at UC San Diego has developed an online video library of our lectures. See below for some examples of the phenomenal curriculum we offer year round. All current Osher members have access to our restricted video library, which contains all of our recorded lectures.
Join Osher as an AFFILIATE MEMBER to receive access to our extensive online video library of lectures. If you are unable to attend classes on campus at UC San Diego, this is a convenient option that allows you to particpate in the program and tocontinue to be enriched through lifelong learning.
The fee to join as an Affiliate Member is just $25 per year.
TO REGISTER: CLICK HERE or call 858-534-3400 to sign up today!
See this brochure for more information: Affiliate Membership at Osher
A Sample of Videos Available in the Online Library:
- A Fragile Peace, Prosperity, Preferences and Vladimir Putin - Featuring Professor Erik Gartzke
- Will Barnet: Tracing the Soul of the Work (Q&A Session) - Featuring Dale Schierholt
- Will Barnet: Tracing the Soul of the Work (documentary) - Featuring Dale Schierholt
- Do We Want China to be More Like Us? - Featuring Professor Karl Gerth, UC San Diego
- The Challenges Facing the Middle East and North Africa - Featuring Professor Hisham Foad
- Mexico 20 Years after NAFTA: Drugs and Violence - Can Recent Progress Be Sustained? - Featuring Professor David Mares & Melissa Floca, Associate Director of the Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies, UC San Diego
- Why Statebuilding Fails - Featuring David Lake, Professor, UC San Diego
- Can We Really Understand the Brain? - Featuring Ralph Greenspan, Director, Center for Brain Activity Mapping
Registration for winter 2016 Master Classes will open on December 16, 2015 at 10am. Registration can be completed online (see links below), in person at UCSD Extension, or by calling 858-534-9999 or 858-534-3400. Standby attendance will be permitted on a first-come first-served basis on the day of each class. As a standby or guest attendee you can purchase a standby attendance ticket for $10 per series for the entire quarter or pay $5 fee per class the day of the class, cash only.
- Master Class I: Linda Blair, MA: A New Look at Impressionism
(SECTION ID #113506)
- Master Class II: Research from the Qualcomm Institute(QI) featuring five QI scholars
(SECTION ID #113509)
Give the Gift of Learning
Support the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC San Diego. Gifts of any size can ensure the longevity and sustainability of our excellent program.