- Register today for the Osher year and Winter Quarter! The membership fee is only $230 for the entire remainder of the academic year, running from January-August 2017. Join for just the Winter quarter for $160. As a member, you will have unlimited access to all classes offered at Osher for the duration of your membership. Only the Master Classes require separate registration and a $10 fee - everything else is included in your membership. Join today to experience enrichment through lifelong learning at UCSD Osher.
- Upcoming Quarter Schedule:
- Winter 2017: January 9 - March 17
- Spring 2017: April 3 - June 9
Osher Member Testimonial
Osher Video Library
Osher at UC San Diego has developed an online video library of our lectures. See below for some examples of the phenomenal curriculum we offer year round. All current Osher members have access to our restricted video library, which contains all of our recorded lectures.
Join Osher as an AFFILIATE MEMBER to receive access to our extensive online video library of lectures. If you are unable to attend classes on campus at UC San Diego, this is a convenient option that allows you to particpate in the program and tocontinue to be enriched through lifelong learning.
The fee to join as an Affiliate Member is just $25 per year.
TO REGISTER: CLICK HERE or call 858-534-3400 to sign up today!
See this brochure for more information: Affiliate Membership at Osher
A Sample of Videos Available in the Online Library:
- Murder and Mayhem in and from the Middle East - Featuring Professor Emeritus Sandford Lakoff
- America, Europe, NATO...and Russia - Featuring Vice Admiral Charles W. Martolglio, US Navy (ret)
- A Conversation with Frederica von Stade - Featuring San Diego Opera General Director David Bennett and beloved opera legend Frederica "Flicka" von Stade
- A Fragile Peace, Prosperity, Preferences and Vladimir Putin - Featuring Professor Erik Gartzke
- Will Barnet: Tracing the Soul of the Work (Q&A Session) - Featuring Dale Schierholt
- Will Barnet: Tracing the Soul of the Work (documentary) - Featuring Dale Schierholt
- Do We Want China to be More Like Us? - Featuring Professor Karl Gerth, UC San Diego
- The Challenges Facing the Middle East and North Africa - Featuring Professor Hisham Foad
- Mexico 20 Years after NAFTA: Drugs and Violence - Can Recent Progress Be Sustained? - Featuring Professor David Mares & Melissa Floca, Associate Director of the Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies, UC San Diego
- Why Statebuilding Fails - Featuring David Lake, Professor, UC San Diego
- Can We Really Understand the Brain? - Featuring Ralph Greenspan, Director, Center for Brain Activity Mapping
Master class registration for the winter quarter is now closed. Registration is first-come, first-served and limited to 165 spots per class. Standby attendance will be permitted on a first-come first-served basis on the day of each class. As a standby or guest attendee you can purchase a standby attendance ticket for $10 per series for the entire quarter or pay $5 fee per class the day of the class, cash only.
- Master Class I: Infinity is a Long Time, Especially Toward the End: A Brief History of the Multiverse featuring Professor Brian Keating
(SECTION ID #121211)
- Master Class II: Case Studies in Legal Interpretation: The Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment featuring Professor Sam Rickless
(SECTION ID #121212)
- Osher Observer Winter 2017
- Osher Observer Fall 2016
- Osher Observer Summer 2016
- Osher Observer Spring 2016
- Osher Observer Winter 2016
Give the Gift of Learning
Support the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UC San Diego. Gifts of any size can ensure the longevity and sustainability of our excellent program.